Eksen Research ("Eksen" or "We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us on www.eksen.eu (“our site”), will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect and process the following data on our site:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
2. IP ADDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is used to generate statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use Analytics and Performance cookies to collect information about how visitors interact with the website. Storing these cookies helps us understand how people use our website (such as traffic sources and unique visitors).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. If your personal data is transferred to, stored at or otherwise processed in a country or territory outside the EEA, and that country or territory has not been recognized as providing an adequate level of data protection, we will put in place additional safeguards to protect your personal data, based on standard contractual clauses. You can ask us to provide a copy of these clauses by using the contact details below.
5. KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
6. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We have listed below the ways in which we use your personal data. We are also required by law to explain the legal basis for using your personal data, and this is also set out below. The legal basis in each case is that we have your consent for the use of your personal data, or that we need to use your personal data in order to perform a contract with you, or that the use of your personal data is necessary for our (or third parties’) legitimate interests (in which case we will explain what those interests are). Where we use your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (this is based on our legitimate interest in ensuring that our site is presented to you in the most effective way possible).
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (this is based on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time).
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (this is based on contractual necessity – we need to use your personal data to perform our contract with you). To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service (this is based on our legitimate interest in keeping you informed about changes to our service).
We may also use your personal data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. This is based on our legitimate interest in providing you with information about our or their goods or services.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Eksen or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Eksen, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are required by law to keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal data will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorized use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at DataPrivacy@eksen.eu
You also have the following rights in relation to your personal data (some of these rights apply only in certain circumstances, and some of them vary according to the legal basis on which we are processing your data – please see above for further details):
• The right to ask whether we’re processing your personal data and, if we are, to find out details of that processing (as well as obtaining a copy of your personal data).
• The right to ask us to correct any personal data that we hold about you that’s inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to ask us to delete personal data that we hold about you.
• The right to object to how we’re processing your personal data, and to ask us to restrict how we’re processing your personal data.
• The right to have the personal data that you’ve provided to us provided to you in a structured and commonly-used electronic format. You can also ask us to transfer your personal data directly to another company if that’s feasible.
If you’re not happy with how we’ve dealt with your personal data, we’d like a chance to put it right – please contact us at DataPrivacy@eksen.eu. However, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority.
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
This policy was last updated on 21st May 2018.
Copyright © 2017 Eksen Research
Tel: +90 212 291 60 06
Fax: +90 212 291 61 06
Istanbul | Barcelona | Dubai | Cape Town